I was in pain on Saturday and I really wanted to make Thermomix soup and soup, Carrot and Coriander, was indeed recommended for day 1 on the Thermomix meal planner (it's so handy that they provide this while you're getting used to the machine) but my Spanish tastebuds decided to go with a recipe from Velocidad Cuchara (a fabulous Spanish blog full of Thermomix recipes); however, by the time the soup was ready my husband decided to go all British on me and so I had to put it all back into the Thermomix with some coriander for a few seconds (to me, the Spaniard, carrot and coriander soup is a very British thing).
But, I have to say, he was right (I bet he's smiling as he reads that as it's usually me who is ALWAYS right), it made a huge change and the soup turned out much more delicious.
If you don't have a Thermomix, you can adapt this to conventional cooking.
Carrot & Coriander Soup with Greek Yoghurt
Adapted from: Velocidad Cuchara
500 g peeled carrots in chunks
200 g onion
650 g water
4 Laughing Cow-type cheese wedges (choose gluten-free ones if you want GF soup)
1 Greek yoghurt (unsweetened)
15 g fresh coriander (use more or less to adapt to your taste, it's easy to do that in the Thermomix)
- Add the carrots and onion to the bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Add the water and a pinch of salt, then programme 25 minutes, 100º, speed 1 (I actually don't think they needed that long, I will try to reduce the time when I prepare this next to see how it goes).
- Blend the soup for 1 minute at progressive speed 5-10 (at this point I had to email Lesley, my demonstrator, to ask what this meant as I realised I had kind of thrown myself at the deep end). It means keep it a few seconds at each speed and then "progressively" move the control to the next speed. So, 10 seconds at speed 5, 10 seconds at 6 and so on until you have done 1 minute.
- Add the cheese wedges and the yoghurt (leaving some yoghurt behind to add a tasty dollop when serving) and blend for 15 seconds, speed 5.
- Add coriander, blend for 5 seconds, speed 5.