It has been cold all over the UK but especially in the Tapas household with no central heating, hot drinks have been keeping us going. Today I thought it was time for a treat, as well as time to use up the rest of the carton of oat milk before it went off.
So I put the oat milk I had left to warm up in the Thermomix with some cocoa, chilli, cinnamon and honey and the result, even if I say so, was really good. The consistency is thick and, let's face it, I'm Spanish I like thick hot chocolate.
LittleT still prefers her Cola Cao but I can't blame her, I grew up on that stuff after all, it is rather special.
Ingredients (all measurements approximate, adapt to taste)
Preparation time: the time it takes you to gather all the ingredients, let's say 30 seconds.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 500 g oat milk (I used Oatly)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Half teaspoon chilli powder (or to taste really, you may want a tad more if you really want to feel the chilli in the taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Approx. 1 tablespoon honey (or basically to your taste, I didn't actually measure it)
- Place the oat milk, cocoa powder and chilli powder in the Thermomix bowl: 90ºC, 5 minutes, speed 4.
- When there is a minute left (and this was mainly because at that point I realised it would go really nicely so, really you could add them from the start), lift the measuring cup and drop the cinnamon and honey then start turning the speed up gradually, a few seconds on 5, a few seconds on 6... you get my drift, right? Make sure you get up to at least speed 9 or 10 to get a nice froth.