The result was a few small chicken patties that LittleT gulped down so next time I will make sure I add some more vegetables!
Best thing: not a horse in sight or patty!
Ingredients (it made approx. 12 patties, a mixture of small and medium)
- 1 carrot
- 40 g milk
- Parsley to taste (i.e. depending on how much you like it or not you can use more or less, or why not try coriander?)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30-35 g baguette chunk (or 1 slice of bread loaf)
- 350 g chicken breast or chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of all fat and cubed
- 30 g grated cheddar cheese (or whichever cheese you like)
- Pepper (optional)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Olive oil to fry
- Add the carrot, milk, parsley, garlic and bread and chop: 6 seconds, speed 5. Use the spatula of your choice to lower down any bits that have gone up the walls of the bowl.
- Add the chicken breast, pepper and salt: 10 seconds, speed 5. Lower any bits with the spatula.
- Add the grated cheese and mix: 10 seconds, speed 5.
- You are ready to make the patties, create meatballs and flatten them down with your hand. You can make the patties as big or as small as you want, I made mostly mini patties and some medium ones so that they would fry faster.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick frying pan (so that you use less oil), make sure they are cooked through.