In fact, when it comes to the vegetables, I have started reducing the amount of red pepper and adding carrot, I actually think it could take more carrot and possibly tomatoes.
It's ideal for lunch boxes, sandwiches, parties and to have al fresco with a lovely salad. I particularly like it as a snack with a cup of coffee, elevenses anyone?
I don't have a quiche tin to try it in so, if you do, do try it and come back to let me know how you get on please. Next time I may make individual portions in the muffin tin to see how they turn out.
Recipe: Crustless quiche in the Thermomix
Serves: 6 with a good salad or just use it as snacks, breakfast with a coffee, elevenses (I particularly like the latter with a cup of coffee)
- 100 g cheddar
- 15 g cooked ham (yes, I may try it with chorizo one day), you can use any amount up to 150 g really, this time I was very short on ham
- 80-100 g onion
- 200 g courgette (some of you call it zucchini)
- 1 red pepper (some of you call it red capsicum)
- 50-80 g carrot (I think we all give it the same name)
- 6 tinned anchovies (optional)
- A couple of twists of the pepper mill
- 4 large eggs
- 35 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Baking paper
Small bowl, large mixing bowl, chopping board, spatula, Thermomix TM31, oven tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200º C / 190ºC in a fan oven / gas mark 6.
- Chop the cheddar: 8 seconds, speed 7. Reserve.
- Chop the ham: 3 seconds, speed 4. Reserve in the large mixing bowl.
- Place in the Thermomix the onion, courgette, red pepper, carrot and anchovies with a couple of twists of pepper: 5 seconds, speed 4. Empty into the bowl where you previously placed the ham.
- Do not wash the bowl, add the eggs (after cracking them of course) and the 35 ml extra virgin olive oil: 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Add the flour, baking powder and half of the cheese: 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Add the reserved ham and vegetables: 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment/baking paper. Pour the mixture, ensuring the thickness is even, it's easy if you just spread it with a spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar and place in the centre of the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
You will find all my Thermomix recipes here and don't forget I want to know what features you think could make the next version of the Thermomix even better, just go here to read my own wishlist and add yours.