|Presentation is overrated anyway, no?|
And how am I? I shall keep this short and sweet: I'm good, I have work coming out of my ears and I miss having lots of time to spend with my Thermie and sharing recipes with you. This being self-employed malarkee can be such hard work! You can usually catch me giving you mini updates on my Instagram account and, of course, if you are UK based you should definitely come join us at the Thermomix Owners UK Facebook group for local inspiration.
But enough about me, how have you been?
Patatas Bravas (a la "hit and miss")
For the potatoes (traditionally they are peeled diced potatoes, fried in olive oil but I went for the healthy option)
- 4 medium potatoes, not peeled, whole (mine were about 600g in total)
1. Place in big pan, cover with cold water. When they start boiling add 1 tbsp (I probably added a bit less) of sea salt.
2. Boil for 30 minutes or so, check that they are soft in the middle by pricking them with a skewer
3. Remove from the heat, but leave in the pan, I took the lid off. Cool like that for 30 minutes, peel, dice.
For the sauce: Make the sauce while they cool
- One and a half tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Half red chilli, sliced
- Half tsp tabasco
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- One small/medium onion
- 150 g chopped tomatoes, making sure you grab the pulp, not so much the liquid
1. Place oil, paprika, chilli, tabasco and red wine vinegar in bowl: 2 min, 100ºC, speed 2.
2. Add onion: 7 seconds speed 7. Add chopped tomatoes: 10 minutes, 100ºC, speed 1 with inner basket on top of lid instead of measuring cup
3. Blend: 1 minute 30 at speed 8. I did 1 minute, checked and wanted it smoother so I blended for another 30 seconds.
Tip: Add less tabasco/chilli if you don't want it very hot or you could just add more chopped tomatoes so that it is not as spicy and you get more quantity.