I make this Macaroni and Cheese in the Instant Pot DUO 7 in 1 as that is the pressure cooker I have but you can adapt it to any presssure cooker really. Don't forget that I have an awesome offer for an Instant Pot just like mine over here (the best Instant Pot offer in the UK in fact!) and, as I mentioned above, I have a Pressure Cooking group on Facebook now targeted to us UK-based owners so that supermarket names, ingredient names and measurements are familiar!
This Mac and Cheese is really really good and so so easy to make, you won't believe just how easy in fact. He is American so he clearly knows his Mac and Cheese!
I have made it twice and I have added my tips and UK measurements as his recipe was in cups.
Jayson says: It works every time you don't need to use stock u can just use water as long as it's 3 cups! The paprika can be left out or replaced with wasabi! Which is also good!!
If you think it makes too much: first wait until you taste it, then think that you can freeze it in portions and reheat on the stove if you add a little milk.
By the way, you can find all my Instant Pot / pressure cooker recipes right here.
Jayson's Instant Pot Pressure Cooked Mac and Cheese
Serves 6 (or 4 very very hungry diners)
- 3 cups macaroni (390 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock (500 ml)
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (35 g)
- 1 teaspoon mustard of choice (optional)
- Half teaspoon smoked paprika
- Half teaspoon garlic minced/crushed
- One quarter teaspoon sea salt (optional, I personally don't add it as it becomes too salty for the Tapas' family taste)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (30 g)
- 2 cups grated cheese (195 g) (I used mature cheddar)
- Half cup cream cheese (115 g)
1. Place macaroni, chicken stock, milk, butter, mustard, paprika, garlic and salt (if using) in the pot and mix well.
2. Cook in Instant Pot on Manual: for 5 minutes, high pressure, quick release (in conventional pressure cooker: 5 minutes on high pressure once it starts whistling followed by a quick release). *Edited to say, some people have had issues with splurting when doing the quick release, you can place a tea towel over the spout when you release the steam to prevent this*
3. When finished: mix in grated cheese, grated Parmesan, and cream cheese until all combined! Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Serve immediately.
Apply to face!!! <---- Says Jayson, this is clearly how he stays so young-looking ;)