I love meat loaf and it turns out that so does the little Tapita! It’s delicious hot or cold so really convenient. Perfect for picnics for that imminent spring weather that is round the corner. This Instant Pot Meat Loaf is delicious!…
|The menu: I have already scratched out a few dishes that, while placing the order, I decided not to include|
On Saturday afternoon I placed an Ocado order, it arrived on Sunday afternoon and today I cooked the first dish: Roast meatballs with tomatoes from the September 2011 issue of Delicious Magazine.
|Roast meatballs with tomatoes|
The rest of the recipes include:
– Maple-glazed chicken (Delicious, August 2011) a firm family favourite already, so easy and tasty and with enough leftovers to make another dish the following day.
– Thai fried chicken rice (Delicious, August 2011) with the leftover chicken, really quick and fabulously tasting dish. *10th Sept. 2011 update* This recipes calls for mint and pistachios but I have never added them and it is extremely tasty without them.
– Mini meatloaves (Nigella Lawson) these will be frozen individually. I have done them before, they defrost quickly to spice up lunch in front of the computer on a week day.
– Summery chorizo stew (Delicious August 2011), I have been dying to try this one and finally got my hands on the Merchant Gourmet grains thanks to Ocado. *Prepared this for the first time on 12/09/2011, it was yummy, I shall be cooking it again soon, even if the recipe name says “summery”, it’s perfect for Autumn/Winter. Very easy to prepare.*
– Sesame-crusted halloumi with Mediterranean veg (Delicious August 2011), perfect for a nice weekend lunch, really easy. *Update 10th September 2011* We don’t tend to add olives to this recipe in the Tapas household (I’m a huge fan of olives but I think this recipe works even without them)
– Chilli coriander prawn tagliatelle (Delicious August 2011) super easy and super quick, I now tend to have the prawns in the freezer and a bag of fresh tagliatelle in the fridge (they tend to have a long best before) ready for this. *Update 14/09/2011 – I just realised I have never ever used one of the ingredients of this recipe, the 150g pack Marks & Spencer Edamame Soya Bean Salad (edamame beans, broad beans, fine green beans, sugarsnap peas and rocket) and it tastes lovely without them.*
– Sticky ginger and chilli chicken (Delicious August 2011), I have already cooked this dish a couple of times and always on a Friday night, it’s a good substitute for the Chinese takeaway, it’s a bit more laborious than the other dishes but still very easy, tasty and well worth the effort. Unfortunately I can’t find it on their website.
– Pesto pasta, as easy as adding the contents of a jar of ready-made pesto to cooked pasta. What can I say, sometimes I’m just too tired for anything else, Mr Tapas spices it up with roasted pinenuts.
– Chicken saltimbocca with green beans and shallots, another perfect weekend lunch or mid-week dinner, LittleT loved this one.
– Pork, lemon and herb meatballs with orzo salad (Olive August 2011), I have cooked this before, it was lovely and easy for a mid-week dinner and the yoghurt dip was particularly successful.