Lucy's Easy Chicken and Bacon Filo Pie
A super easy pie that you can adapt to whatever ingredients you have. All you need is the method and the filo pastry.
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 4 rashers of bacon
- extra virgin olive oil or oil of your choice
- 1 medium onion
- 200 g mushrooms quartered
- A glug of vermouth/marsala/dry white wine I used dry white wine as it's what I had
- 200 ml white sauce, approx which you can make in your Thermomix if you have one: 20 g plain flour, 20 g butter, 200 ml milk, 4 minutes, 90º, speed 4
- 1 tablespoon of grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of English mustard
- 3 sheets of filo pastry scrunched-up (I actually used four, it was my first time...)
- A knob Butter melted
Preheat oven on at 180º fan (200º if non-fan).
Brown the chicken with the bacon in a frying pan. Reserve.
In the same pan (no need to wash) fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the quartered mushrooms. Add the reserved chicken and bacon and the wine, let it bubble to evaporate.
Add the white sauce and the mustards, stir.
Remove handle if using Tefal Ingenio pans or move mix to oven dish if not using the pan in the oven. Top with 3 scrunched-up sheets of filo pastry, dabbed with melted butter and pop into the oven for 15 minutes. Check all pastry is browned, or turn and cook for another 5 minutes.
Want to make it for more people? My frying pan is 20 cm diameter. Make it to feed more people in a bigger pan.
Or transfer it to a big oven dish