This week I have made one mistake after the other in the kitchen, for some reason they have turned out well. Today wasn't an exception, my plan was to make chicken nuggets quickly for T's dinner. I was mixing this recipe from La encimera de Gema with a recipe from the Australian Recipe Community that was recommended by someone (perhaps it was you?).
The result was a few small chicken patties that LittleT gulped down so next time I will make sure I add some more vegetables!
Ingredients (it made approx. 12 patties, a mixture of small and medium)
- 1 carrot
- 40 g milk
- Parsley to taste (i.e. depending on how much you like it or not you can use more or less, or why not try coriander?)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30-35 g baguette chunk (or 1 slice of bread loaf)
- 350 g chicken breast or chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of all fat and cubed
- 30 g grated cheddar cheese (or whichever cheese you like)
- Pepper (optional)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Olive oil to fry
1. Add the carrot, milk, parsley, garlic and bread and chop: 6 seconds, speed 5. Use the spatula of your choice to lower down any bits that have gone up the walls of the bowl.
2. Add the chicken breast, pepper and salt: 10 seconds, speed 5. Lower any bits with the spatula.
Add the grated cheese and mix: 10 seconds, speed 5.
3. You are ready to turn them into meatballs, patties or burgers. Grab a bit of the mix with your hans and roll into meatballs. If you want patties or burgers, flatten them down with your hand. You can make the patties as big or as small as you want, I make mostly mini patties and some medium ones so that they would cook faster.
4a. To fry: Heat olive oil (or oil of your choice) in a large frying pan, turn over a couple of times, make sure they are cooked through.