I’ve been hankering for pulled pork for weeks, today I managed to finally satisfy that craving! This Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Creamy Paprika Sauce was so tender.
After removing the pork to shred, I blended some of the juices left in the pot with cashews and more paprika (thank you Quirky Cooking for the inspiration!) and I ended with the creamiest sauce to go (rather well) with my pulled pork.
I am typing this today as I had a few requests in my Pressure Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas Facebook group but also because, if my hands are not busy, I’ll end up eating all the pulled pork myself.
Make it without the sauce for a great LOW CARB dish or, of course, only have a tiny bit of the sauce which is quite filling.
Ready for the recipe?
|Ready to cook|
|The liquid (juices) from cooking ready to turn into sauce|
Instant Pot Pulled pork with Creamy Paprika Sauce
- Instant Pot
- 1.66 kg shoulder of pork mine was from Aldi, don’t worry if yours isn’t exactly the same size, the timings are the same
- 2 teaspoon Maldon salt or your favourite salt
- 1 tbsp paprika sweet
- 250 ml of homemade chicken stock or you could use my vegetable stock paste
For the Sauce
- 120 g raw cashews
- 250 g liquid left from cooking so, basically, don’t throw it away!
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or sweet if you don’t want it spicy
- Remove the rind and cut the pork shoulder in about 5 pieces, not too big and definitely not too small.
- Mix the 2 teaspoons of salt with the 1 tablespoon sweet paprika and rub all over each piece.
- Place the 250 ml chicken stock in the inner pot of the Instant Pot with the pork shoulder pieces.
- Lock the lid in. Steam release handle pointing to Sealing. Press Manual and use the – and + buttons to programme 90 minutes. Natural release* at the end
- When ready, remove the pork and shred. Reserve the liquid left in the Instant Pot for…
- Blend 250 ml of the juices (you will have more than this) with the 120 g raw cashews and 1 teaspoon paprika until you have a creamy sauce (in Thermomix: 1 minute, speed 9).