This Instant Pot Squid Stew is so tasty and it's amazing how tender the squid goes!
I'm posting it quickly for Dejanka to have and will make it prettier later on.
Serve it on its own, with plain rice, with pasta or with quinoa like Alli did below.
If you want a quick method to cook quinoa in your Instant Pot (the best quinoa), just ask.
LittleT loved it!!
Let me know if you enjoy it.
Instant Pot Squid Stew
Note for Thermomix users: make your life easier by chopping the onion, garlic cloves and carrot for 5 seconds on speed 5 then decant everything into the Instant Pot's inner pot to Sauté.
- 500 g squid, sliced into rings or left whole, works well either way
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ of a red pepper, chopped (mainly because I need to use it up)
- 3 garlic cloves, left whole and unpeeled
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon of paprika, heaped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried (ideally I would have added chopped fresh parsley at the end)
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
To serve (both optional but both nice)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
Press Sauté and fry the onion, carrot, pepper and garlic in extra virgin olive oil for about 5 minutes. Stirring regularly.
Add the squid, stirring, and sauté for a further 5 minutes or so. Add the white wine and once it starts boiling, let it bubble for about 5 minutes to evaporate.
Stir in the paprika and the parsley.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, veg stock paste, salt and a few twists of the black pepper mill.
Lock the lid in. Steam release handle pointing to Sealing.
Press "Manual" or "Pressure Cook", high pressure, and use the - and + buttons to programme 20 minutes.
Natural release at the end.
At the end Sauté with the lid off to reduce.
Have a taste to make sure all the alcohol has evaporated and not left a strong taste behind. Season further with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with the chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges if you fancy! It's lovely without too.