Delicious and super easy Air Fryer Chicken and Chorizo, perfect for when you need a meal on the table fast.
This is what in the UK is called Spanish Chicken or Spanish Style Chicken.
And I totally would have called it that, except I never ate anything like this growing up in Spain.
But if you want to call this dish Air Fryer Spanish Chicken or Spanish-Style Chicken, go for it!
This recipe was developed at the Kitchen Gadget Hub a few days after my Air Fryer Smoky Fajita Chicken, and will be great with Greek Roast Potatoes.
If you have a pressure cooker with an air fryer lid as well as a standalone air fryer (or even two pressure cookers with air fryer lids!), you could have both this Chicken and Chorizo and the Greek Roast Potatoes cooking at the same time to make your life easier.
- chicken breasts
- red onion
- garlic cloves
- chorizo sausage, not the type of chorizo you buy in slices but the one you buy as a sausage (it can be either cooking chorizo or ready to eat chorizo)
- baby tomatoes
See recipe card for quantities.
This recipe is as easy as adding all the ingredients to the air fryer and programming the time.
Then serve immediately or chill quickly and save for tomorrow's lunch.
Hint: Squeeze the garlic out and discard the skin, toss it with the chicken.
See recipe card for full instructions.
- Chicken breasts - you could replace with chicken thigh fillets. If you have bone-in chicken thighs, you'll have to increase the air frying time, check they are cooked through before serving
- Chorizo - don't want to use chorizo or don't have any? Then add a teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Red onion - you don't have to use red onion, brown will be fine
- Yellow pepper - choose your favourite colour, it doesn't have to be yellow!
- Spicy - use spicy chorizo or add chilli flakes during air frying, the other option is to add chopped fresh red or green chilli after air frying
I used an Instant Vortex Air Fryer for the timings of this recipe. Air fryers are just like ovens so always check that your food is cooked through.
And make sure you read how to use an Air Fryer and watch the video.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, you don’t pay a penny extra though.
Chill quickly for 2-3 days.
It will freeze nicely.
Prepare the ingredients ahead of time and pop them in the air fryer for a super quick meal.
In fact, this Air Fryer Chicken and Chorizo is a perfect quick midweek meal.
How to serve
Delicious on its own, with mashed potatoes, in wraps, tossed through pasta or rice, with a salad... the options are endless!
Air Fryer Chicken and Chorizo
- Air fryer
- 365 g chicken breast diced in bitesized pieces
- 1 red onion medium (mine was 200g before peeling), sliced in thin wedges
- 1 yellow pepper or colour of your choice, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves mine were quite plump, left whole and unpeeled
- 55-60 g chorizo sausage the actual sausage chorizo, sliced in two lengthways, then lengthways again to create 4 then sliced. I prefer to use non-spicy chorizo but if you want a bit of heat, spicy will be lovely too
- 165 g baby tomatoes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or oil of your choice
- Add all the ingredients to the air fryer basket, mix and air fry 12 minutes at 180ºC. Shake or stir with a wooden spoon or spatula half way. If your air fryer is non-stick, remember not to use metallic utensils.
- Make sure the chicken pieces are cooked through and enjoy.
A few tips from me:
- Always wash your hands straight after touching raw meat
- Same with your knives, boards and utensils, use separate ones for raw meat and wash them well before using for anything else
- Don't leave food at room temperature for extended periods, always cool down quickly and chill or freeze as soon as you can
- Always chill left over rice as soon as you can and always within half an hour.
See more guidelines at food.gov.uk.
RECIPE CREATED AT THE KITCHEN GADGET HUB BY FEISTY TAPAS13
Leave a Reply