This delicious Air Fryer Smoky Fajita Chicken is so quick and easy.
It's one of those recipes you'll have ready in less than half an hour on a week day.
Less than that if you spread the load and leave the ingredients all prepared in the fridge the night before or that morning.
Another new recipe developed at The Kitchen Gadget Hub by Feisty Tapas!
The first one was this lovely Pressure Cooker Vegan Mushroom Stew.
Why an air fryer?
As you probably know I love my air fryers.
Airfryers save energy, both physical and on your bills.
They're basically small ovens that don't need preheating.
The name air fryer is really poorly chosen, once you start thinking of them as a mini super fast oven that doesn't need preheating, they become so much easier to use.
Make sure you read my post on How to use an Air Fryer.
For this recipe I used the Instant Vortex, which I love.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, you don’t pay a penny extra though
What to serve with Air Fryer Smoky Fajita Chicken
I recommend tortilla wraps, coriander (cilantro), guacamole, salsa, soured cream and grated cheese.
It'd be also great stirred through pasta or rice!
Or even on its own or in lettuce wraps if you are on a low carb diet.
Lots of possibilities basically.
Can I double up this recipe?
Need to feed more people?
The Instant Vortex definitely has space to double up this recipe.
Keep an eye on the timings as you may need to increase them.
How to warm up the next day
Ah this is a brilliant one!
All you have to do is wrap up the chilled fajita chicken in a tortilla wrap with your favourite sauces and a bit of cheese.
Then place in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 160ºC.
Air Fryer Smoky Fajita Chicken
- Air fryer
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 350 g chicken breast sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Dash of soy sauce
- Tortilla wraps
- Fresh coriander
- Soured cream
- Grated cheese I used mature cheddar, use your favourite
- Add the ingredients to the air fryer’s basket and mix well together.
- Air Fry for 12 minutes at 180ºC, removing the basket to mix or shake a couple of times during that time.
- Then Air Fry 2 minutes at 205ºC. Check that the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in the wraps with the coriander, soured cream, guacamole, salsa and grated cheese (or your choice of these). Or it would be great tossed with salad or pasta or even rice!
Tried this Air Fryer recipe?
Or Instagram, where you can tag @feistytapas or use the #feistytapas hashtag.
Other Air Fryer Recipes you might like:
Now, where do you stand on coriander (cilantro as it's called in the States, and in Spanish!): tastes delicious or tastes like soap?1