This Instant Pot Fish and Potatoes in Tomato Sauce with Olives is super easy and tasty.
The hardest part is going to be slicing the potatoes and opening the tin of chopped tomatoes.
I’ve had this recipe in
I used cod but any white fish will be fine and yes, you can use frozen fish too.
Let me know if you try my Instant Pot Fish and Potatoes in Tomato Sauce with Olives!
New to Instant Pot? It will make your cooking life so much easier! The Beginners’ Guide covers everything you need to know, find it here and I’ve recently added a video to get you started to my Pressure Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas group.
Instant Pot Fish and Potatoes in Tomato Sauce with Olives
- Instant Pot
- 350 g potatoes about half a cm to 1 cm slices. New potatoes work well but floury ones will be lovely too and, as they tend to disintegrate a bit, they will thicken the sauce. You don't have to be too accurate about the exact weight of the potatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 2 cod fillets (or any white fish)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 10 green pimento stuffed olives more if you want of course or none if you don't like olives
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- black pepper freshly ground
- soy sauce a good drizzle
- Lemon wedges
- Parsley freshly chopped
- Pour 250 ml water into the inner pot.
- Create a layer of sliced potatoes at the bottom of the inner pot.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional) and 1 tsp of my veg stock paste (recipe on the blog).
- Top with two cod fillets.
- Drizzle with the juice of half a lemon.
- Add about 10 green pimento stuffed olives.
- Top with 200 g chopped tomatoes (do not stir!).
- A few twists of black pepper and a good drizzle of soy sauce. Do not stir.
- Lock the lid in after making sure that the sealing ring is properly in place by pressing it down following its circumference a few times. Steam release handle pointing to Sealing.
- Press the Manual / Pressure Cook button and use the – and + buttons to programme 3 minutes. At the end of the cooking time wait 3 minutes and do a quick pressure release*.
- Serve with lemon wedges and freshly chopped parsley