*Natillas de chocolate y vainilla: receta en español más abajo*
On my first day with the Thermomix, after making Carrot & Coriander Soup with Greek Yoghurt, I really wanted to make something sweet (I'm not very good at desserts) so I washed the bowl (both Mr Tapas and I have realised it washes really easily) and made Chocolate and Vanilla Custards from the Fast and Easy Cooking
Thermomix TM31 UK recipe book. They are so simple and delicious, the ingredients are
things we tend to have at home so they are perfect for a quick treat or
when you know that someone is popping in for a visit a few hours later.
The chocolate custard reminded me of one of my Spanish childhood favourites by Danone, it was a treat to have that in the fridge growing up and now I can have them ready for LittleT anytime (not too often mind!). I am really happy with that!
By the way, that
evening Mr Tapas took over and made Satay Sauce based on a Jamie Oliver
recipe from the 30 Minute Book, he put all the ingredients in the bowl
and used a bit of guesswork to have the sauce ready in just a few
minutes. The result, with some griddled chicken, was really good.
Chocolate & Vanilla custards
Source: Fast and Easy Cooking, the book that in the UK comes as standard with the Thermomix TM31 (thank you to UK Thermomix for allowing me to reproduce this)
- 500 g milk. Options: it works with semi-skimmed* and it works with 500 g of coconut millk too, for those of you who are dairy-free
1. Mix all the ingredients except the cocoa for 10 seconds at speed 5.
One bowl, two custards, a lovely dessert.
Remember to serve with Spanish flair! This Spaniard flaired them with berries.
*Updated 25th October 2013 to reflect my latest version with semi skimmed milk and less sugar*
|Chocolate&Vanilla custards ready to go in the fridge|
Natillas bicolor de chocolate y vainilla
Fuente: El libro Fast & Easy Cooking que en el Reino Unido va incluido con la Thermomix, el equivalente del Imprescindible español.+
- 500 g de leche entera. Opciones: queda bien con leche semidesnatada* y con 500 g de leche de coco, si preferís que sea sin lactosa
- 2 cucharadita de extracto de vainilla
- 2 huevos clase M o L a temperatura ambiente
- 40 g de azúcar
- 2 cucharadas de maicena
- 2 cucharadas de cacao en polvo
1. Mezclamos todos los ingredientes excepto el cacao: 10 segundos, velocidad 5.