Here is a recipe that will have most of you clicking away but I am feeling brave and posting it anyway because, when my brother and I were little, we used to beg my mother to make Chicken Liver Rice for us and now my daughter loves it and eats it so well.
I used to prepare it on the stove but nowadays it is just so easy with the Thermomix (well, now that I have mastered it, the first few attempts were rather mushily interesting!).
If you still are puzzled by the word Thermomix (despite me going endlessly about it), here is more information and, if you are considering buying one or already own one and are based in the UK, don’t forget to join my Thermo Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas group on Facebook.
– 1 small courgette
– 1 red pepper (or yellow, green or orange, according to your taste)
– 20 g extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or your preferred oil
– 400 g chicken livers, washed and trimmed of any white/yellowy bits as best as possible, don’t chop them, leave them as big as whole as possible
– Half an MC of white wine (you could use red too or even no wine at all)
– 130 g risotto rice for 2 people / 200 g for 3 people
– 500 g hot chicken stock if using 130 g rice / 600 g if using 200 g, keep increasing proportionally according to your needs
1. Add 1 onion, 1 medium carrot, 1 garlic clove to the Thermomix bowl: 5 seconds, speed 5.
2. Add 1 small courgette + 1 red pepper: 2 seconds, speed 5.
3. Add the 20 g EVOO (or your preferred oil): Varoma, 5 minutes, speed 1.
4. Add the 400 g chicken livers + half an MC of white wine: Varoma, 3 minutes, REVERSE, soft speed.
5. Add your desired amount of rice: Varoma, 2 minutes + REVERSE + soft speed.
6. Add a proportional amount of chicken stock + a few twists of black pepper and salt if using: 18 minutes, Varoma, REVERSE, soft speed.
Optional: you can add a bit of tomato purée or a tablespoon of chopped tomatoes, I tend to add it when I remember but it can be added either in step 3 or step 4 really.
Tip: add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce if you would like to enhance the flavour.0