My friend Angela bought an Instant Pot Duo on Prime Day. A few days after she received I went round her house to show her how to use it and we improvised this delicious Instant Pot Prawn, Courgette and Mushroom Risotto.Jump to Recipe
This Instant Pot Prawn, Courgette and Mushroom Risotto is a great beginner recipe that shows off the sauté function and the amazingly easy dish that is a
Instant Pot Prawn, Courgette and Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 courgette sliced into half moons
- 6-8 mushrooms sliced in wedges
- A glug of white wine if you don’t have any, don’t worry, just use some of the stock
- 150 g arborio risotto rice
- 100 g frozen prawns
- 400 ml water from the kettle
- 2 heaped tablespoons of my vegetable stock paste https://www.feistytapas.com/2017/02/homemade-vegetable-stock-paste-instantpot-thermomix/
- Press Sauté, adjust to Less* and add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and celery and stir to coat in the olive oil. Put the Instant Pot glass lid on or a lid that fits. After 3-5 minutes add the courgette and the mushrooms and stir. In total the vegetables should be on sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dilute the vegetable stock paste in the hot water
- Add a glug of white wine (or a glug of the stocand stir in the risotto rice, let it sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring. Deglaze by adding a splash of stock and scraping the bottom of the inner pot with a wooden spoon to make sure any caramelised bits are removed.
- Stir in the prawns.
- Pour the vegetable stock in while you stir.
- Make sure the sealing ring is in place and press it down following its circumference a few times as you press it down. Steam release handle pointing to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook / Manual and use the – and + buttons to programme 5 minutes.
- At the end of the 5 minutes wait a few seconds for things to settle inside and do a quick release**. Risotto is supposed to have a bit of bite, if you want it softer, put the lid back on whether fully or loosely and the rice will keep cooking in the residual heat. You can stir in a dollop of butter at this stage. No cheese in seafood risotto.