Creamy and super easy, Pip's Perfect Thermomix Porridge for One.
Double it up for two people.
Triple it for three.
You get my drift.
The eponymous is a member of my Thermo Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas Facebook group.
She makes the creamiest porridge.
This porridge (I think it's called oatmeal in the States) doesn't stick to the bottom of the Thermie bowl, it takes no time and it's very easy to make when you are sleepy in the morning.
You'll soon be able to make it with your eyes closed, above all when you're struggling to open them first thing in the morning.
Have you joined my Thermo Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas group?
Can I double Pip's Perfect Thermomix Porridge for One?
Yes, you can.
The lovely Daisy from Devon Sun Yarns (check out her beautiful hand-dyed yarn) has successfully doubled the recipe for Pip's Perfect Thermomix Porridge for One: double the ingredients, same time, temperature and speed.
It turns out that it also makes Perfect Porridge for Two! Or three, or four.
What types of milk can I use for porridge?
From cow's milk to plant-based and nut-based milks.
Oats go well with any of them.
You choose really.
In fact, some people use all water or half milk-half water.
What toppings go well?
From honey to fruit, like berries and bananas, to nuts and seeds.
Oh and chocolate! Also great mixed with cocoa or cacao powder.
Some people also love it mixed with peanut butter.
You could also add a pinch of salt while cooking.
What are your favourite porridge toppings?
Pip's Perfect Thermomix Porridge for One
- Thermomix or thermo cooker
- 50 g rolled jumbo organic oats I use normal Scottish rolled oats
- 250 g liquid (it can be all milk, half milk half water, or whatever combination you want whole, skimmed, plant-based, it's your choice
- Place all ingredients in the bowl: 9 minutes, 80°, speed 1, REVERSE.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
Other Thermomix recipes you will love:
- My Thermomix TM31 demo
- Thermomix Diary - What you need to know before you start using it
- Carrot and Coriander Soup with Greek Yoghurt
- Chocolate and Vanilla Custards
Do you also have a pressure cooker?
Your pressure cooker is your Thermomix's or thermo cookers greatest companion.
I've got a fair few recipes that use both as a kitchen team.3