I love pushing the limits of the Instant Pot and I love Instant Pot chicken recipes. This Instant Pot Chicken with Paprika and Butternut Squash recipe starts with a well looked after Instant Pot by following every step in the Give your Instant Pot some love section of the Instant Pot UK Beginners' Guide.
But Maria, there isn't enough liquid in this recipe, what about the Golden Rules?
Chicken releases a lot of liquid so, as long as your Instant Pot is in tip
Don't forget to deglaze well if you sauté and don't forget that a loved Instant Pot loves you back!
Deglazing basically means removing any caramelised or burnt-on food by adding a bit of liquid and scraping with a wooden spoon.
Pressure cooked chicken thigh fillets
Pressure cooked chicken thigh fillets take very little time to be super tender and delicious.
In general, Instant Pot chicken recipes with chicken thigh fillets require very little cooking time and do great on Keep Warm.
Hate peeling Butternut Squash? Me too! If you have
This recipe uses ingredients easily found in UK supermarkets with UK measurements.
Have you joined my Pressure Cooking Facebook group?
Instant Pot Chicken with Paprika and Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or oil of your choice
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets each cut into about 3 pieces (or you can leave them whole if you prefer)
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 500 g butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon paprika sweet (if you would like a spicy kick you could use 1 tablespoon sweet paprika + 1 tablespoon smoked paprika)
- 1.5 tablespoon dried parsley
To serve (optional)
- Press Sauté and seal the chicken in the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze as you do this.
- Press Keep Warm / Cancel. Add the butternut squash, the paprika and the parsley. Stir to make sure everything is well coated. Deglaze if necessary.
- Press down on the sealing ring following its circumference several times to make sure it's properly inserted in the rack that holds it. Lock the lid in. Steam release handle pointing to Sealing. Press Manual / Pressure Cook, use the - and + buttons to programme 5 minutes and do a natural release* at the end of cooking, which means doing nothing until the float valve pops back down. Serve and enjoy with a sprinkle of Tabasco for an extra kick.