The Instant Pot excels at stews and this Instant Pot Chicken and Chorizo Stew is no exception.
A tip: a teaspoon of my Vegetable Stock Paste will add flavour.
New to Instant Pot? It will make your cooking life so much easier! The Beginners’ Guide covers everything you need to know, find it here and I’ve recently added a video to get you started to my Pressure Cooking UK with Feisty Tapas group.
Instant Pot Chicken and Chorizo Stew
- Instant Pot
- 2 chorizo sausages approx 150 g, cut lengthways and then again (so that you end up with four thinner sausageand then diced. I like using cooking chorizo (easy to buy in any supermarkebut feel free to use any
- 50 ml red wine + a dash more
- 2 onions cut in thin wedges
- 1 or 2 red peppers sliced in long strips
- 2 garlic cloves unpeeled (feel free to add more if you like garlic!)
- 750 g potatoes peeled and quartered (if very big cut in biggish chunks), floury potatoes will work well, I used King Edward, around 750 g
- 3 chunky chicken breasts frozen or fresh (or more if you have more, if you for example double the ingredients, don’t double the stock, chicken releases liquid as it cooks)
- 150 ml water or stock
- Spring onions or salad onions optional
- Press the Sauté button followed by the Adjust button to adjust to More (or if you have v3 of the DUO, press Sauté a few times until it’s set to More).
- Add the chorizo and stir. After a minute or so add the red wine. Add the onions, red pepper and garlic after a couple of minutes and give them a good stir to coat in the chorizo juices.
- Add the potatoes and stir well to mix and coat in the chorizo juices, keep sautéeing for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Scrape the bottom well with a wooden spoon and some water/stock/wine to deglaze (don't forget those Golden Rules!).
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add about 150 ml water (and a tablespoon of my vegetable stock paste if using), lock the lid in, make sure the seal is pointing to venting. Press Manual, 8 minutes, natural release, safe to leave on keep warm until you’re ready to eat. Enjoy!