Essential for every roast dinner and Christmas Day, if you have an Instant Pot Duo Crisp, you’re going to want to know how to roast parsnips in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
- 📖 Recipe
- HOW TO ROAST PARSNIPS IN THE INSTANT POT DUO CRISP
- HOW MANY PARSNIPS CAN YOU COOK AT A TIME IN THE INSTANT POT DUO CRISP?
- CAN YOU ROAST POTATOES THE SAME WAY IN THE DUO CRISP?
- SO, CAN YOU ROAST POTATOES AND PARSNIPS IN THE DUO CRISP AT THE SAME TIME THEN?
- DON'T HAVE AN AIR FRYER LID FOR YOUR INSTANT POT OR PRESSURE COOKER?
- WANT DAILY INSPIRATION FOR YOUR PRESSURE COOKER?
- PERFECT FOR SUNDAY ROAST
How to Roast Parsnips in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- Instant Pot
- 500 g-1 kg parsnips you'll see I only cooked a few for the photos, you can fit much more! Just make enough for how many people you're feeding (plus leftovers)
- 500 ml water cold
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse and peel the parsnips and slice them lengthways in twos or fours, depending on their size. Place in a steamer basket.
- Pour 500 ml cold water into the inner pot. Place steamer basket inside. If your steamer basket doesn’t have feet to lift it above the water, place it on a trivet / steamer rack as we want to steam under pressure above the water.
- Check that the sealing ring is properly in place. Press Steam and programme 5 minutes. At the end of pressure cooking time, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the basket from the inner pot drain the liquid. If the steamer basket has high sides like my mesh basket does, shake from side to side to rough up the parsnips. If your steamer basket doesn’t have high sides or is a collapsible basket, place the parsnips back in the drained inner pot, lift the inner pot and shake from side to side to rough up the potatoes.
- Coat the parsnips in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, mix well.
- Place the Air Fryer Lid on and press Roast, programme 20minutes at 204ºC / 400ºF.
- Around half way through the display will say Turn Food (it will not be saying Food Burn, it’s just telling you to literally turn your food). So flip the parsnips over so that they can roast on the other side then place the air fryer lid back on.
- Add more time at the end of necessary for your taste.
Don’t have an air fryer lid?
- Place the pressure cooked parsnips in a roasting tin, coat well in oil and place in a very hot oven for about 45 minutes, turning half way through or as necessary
Crazy, right? How could I be missing out on that crispy goodness for so long?
HOW TO ROAST PARSNIPS IN THE INSTANT POT DUO CRISP
As the Instant Pot Duo Crisp has an Air Fryer Lid, it allows us to parcook the parsnips first and then use the air fryer lid to roast them.
No need to preheat the oven. In fact, no need to preheat the air fryer lid either.
Not only is this roasting parsnips in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp super easy, it's also very energy efficient.
Let's cover a few things you might be wondering (because I know I did).
HOW MANY PARSNIPS CAN YOU COOK AT A TIME IN THE INSTANT POT DUO CRISP?
As you can see I only cooked a few to take the photos, you can cook much more at the same time. I reckon at least 1 kg if not more.
CAN YOU ROAST POTATOES THE SAME WAY IN THE DUO CRISP?
You absolutely can! Same exact method!
You know I'm all about making life easier, right?
SO, CAN YOU ROAST POTATOES AND PARSNIPS IN THE DUO CRISP AT THE SAME TIME THEN?
Yes you can! You can roast potatoes and parsnips in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp at the same time, here are the photos from the time I tried it.
DON'T HAVE AN AIR FRYER LID FOR YOUR INSTANT POT OR PRESSURE COOKER?
Place the pressure cooked parsnips in a roasting tin, coat well in oil and place in a very hot oven for about 45 minutes, turning half way through or as necessary.
Keep an eye on them.
WANT DAILY INSPIRATION FOR YOUR PRESSURE COOKER?
PERFECT FOR SUNDAY ROAST
Make sure you add some Pressure Cooker Carrot and Swede Mash (Carrot and Rutabaga Mash).
Other recipes you might like:
- How to pressure cook Gammon
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Sweet Potato Fries
- How to Pressure Cook Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Cranberry-Glazed Gammon
Hope this helps,