Fancy a Tapas-style dinner? These Garlic and Serrano Ham Mushrooms are so easy! In Spanish this dish is called Setas al Ajillo con Jamón Serrano. Get practicing how to say that, I'll be testing you!
How to serve
For more tapas ideas check out my Easy guide to Spanish Tapas.
As a pasta dish
Toss with cooked pasta (fabulous with linguine or pappardelle) or with noodles or rice, even quinoa.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. Feel free to proportionally increase the quantities as needed (be careful not to increase the olive oil though).
I'd leave the cooking times the same.
This will serve 2-3 people depending on what else you serve it with, of course.
Can I cook it without the Serrano ham so that it's vegetarian?
Yes, of course! In fact, it will be lovely!
All you have to do is skip the Serrano ham altogether.
How to pressure cook Setas al Ajillo
Check out my pressure cooker recipe, easy!
How to cook on the hob
Don't have a Thermomix but would love to try this recipe?
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan, medium-high.
- Add the garlic and the serrano ham, careful that the garlic doesn't burn, stir regularly.
- When the serrano ham is looking golden, add the mushrooms. Stir well to coat them in all the juices, turn the heat down a tiny bit until the mushrooms look ready, 5 minutes or so.
- Serve with grated cheese over the top and a nice bit of good bread, grab a good chunk of said bread and dip it in the sauce. No, I insist, you must do this first! OR, for a bigger meal, you can just add cooked pasta, noodles, rice, mix well and serve.
Thermomix Garlic and Serrano Ham Mushrooms
- 1 Thermomix
- 5 garlic cloves
- 15 g olive oil
- 1 thick slice serrano ham just under a centimetre thick, diced. If there is any yellowy/orangey rind left, make sure you remove it, leave the fat on though! Some UK supermarkets sell packs of ready-diced Serrano ham that would be perfect for this
- 130 g mushrooms (white, closed cup, wonky, oyster, anything goes)
- 20 g Parmesan or Manchego cheese or however much you want, skip it too if you prefer
- Good crusty bread for dipping
- Add the 5 garlic cloves to the Thermomix bowl: 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down with spatula any bits that may have climbed the wall.
- Add 15 g olive oil + diced Serrano ham: 3 mins, Varoma, speed 1
- Add 130 g mushrooms: 120ºC in the TM5 or TM6 and Varoma in the TM31, reverse, 5 minutes, soft speed (the stirring spoon symbol)
- Grate Parmesan or manchego cheese over the top and serve with good crusty bread to dip in the sauce OR perfect if you toss it with cooked pasta or add cooked noodles. Particularly good with linguine
Have you cooked it? Make sure you show me a photo!0